Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday, February 23, 2010

 Diving two days in a row! Sort of...



 





Our daughter Amy was here with Kennedy and Kai this week. They had lots of plans and not much time so we didn't get to spend as much time with them as we would have liked. On Friday I did get to do something I've waited a whole year to do: I introduced them to scuba diving. After seeing them snorkel last year I knew we had to try it. To keep it easy and safe we went to our friend Carole's pool. It's only about four feet deep but they got the sense of being under the water. After some initial jitters, they took to it like, well, fish to water. Next time they come back I'm hoping we can go in the ocean. We just didn't have time for a second dive this time around. 

Saturday morning I just took off and went diving by myself. I didn't even care if I saw anything. I just needed to be in the water. It was maybe the best hour I've spent since the last time I dove back at the beginning of January. And of course I did see stuff, like this tarpon.

Carole and I tried to go snorkeling before the next round of waves set it. The waves started building earlier than expected, stirring up the water and reducing visibility, especially near shore where we would go. So we abandoned that idea. I'm keeping watch for the next opportunity; we both nee some quality Vitamin Sea therapy. 

I'm not complaining though. I moved one dive closer to 500. I need roughly two dives a week the rest of year to reach 500.

No comments: