Saturday, February 17, 2007

Photo of the day 16 de febrero de 2007


From Blue Hole to "new" hole.

I tried to post this earlier but internet access blah blah blah.

I've written and posted photos before about the Blue Hole. Well, yesterday while snorkeling with two friends vacationing down here from frigid snow-clogged Michigan, I got into a "new" hole.
I knew it was there of course. It's one of a series of caves in the reef. Blue Hole is one, the one farthest west and the easiest to get to. This new hole is the next one east of Blue Hole.

Wow!! Wowwowwowowwow! The first time we went over the reef wall into Blue Hole, it took my breath away. This had the same effect. It was AWESOME!!!! The reef walls are lined with sea fans and finger coral and huge stands of fire coral. And of course there are tons of fish, tiny black and yellow gobies and tangs and surgeon fish. I've posted a bunch of photos from this swim on the Flickr site, www.flickr.com/photos/ola-lolas. Check out the 070215_underwater set.

Now I've got to find a safe, consistent way back in besides swimming over the whole reef. As soon as I get back in, I'll post more pictures.

No comments: