Monday, May 14, 2007

An Ola Lola dog story in four chapters - Chap 1


This is a true dog story. It starts with an e-mail from Christy in Okemos, Michigan. (Okemos is east of Lansing, Michigan, about an hour-and-a-half from Kalamazoo.) Irrelevant sections have been edited from the e-mails.


Hey! We were visitors to your happy oasis the week of The Flood [March 28] - I thought maybe I was in a monsoon?

My husband Carl and I were staying at Villa Montana and I got to have a short visit with you on Friday of that week, while you tended to the tons of other people there that night. Well, tons is a bit exaggerated, but it was hopping.

WE LOVE OLA LOLA'S!!!

It's got to be the coolest bar in the most awesome place we have stumbled upon in all of our travels. We travelled all over Puerto Rico with our rental car and I would put Ola Lola's up there at the top of most memorable experiences we had. Lots of happy freindly people!

I'm from Kalamazoo (lived there for 15 years after graduating from WMU) and it will always be my home in my heart. Finding a person from Kalamazoo in Puerto Rico was a HUGE thing for me!

Anyway, I fell TOTALLY in love with your dogs. Actually so did Carl. We were all set to start looking for a new dog when we got home and never had even heard of Vizslas. Those sweet-hearted dogs won me over and now we know we have got to track down a Vizsla (The World's Most Perfect Dog). I think the photos w/me and (not sure which? [it's Amber]) pretty much say it all..

Just wondering, where did you get your dogs? Please don't say say Puerto Rico!

Thanks for adding to a great vacation. I know we'll be back.

Christy

No comments: