Thursday, May 17, 2007

An Ola Lola dog story in four chapters - Chap 4

Dear Elaine:

We did it ! We did it (note twice)! We ended up driving down to this beautiful part of Pennsylvania , outside of a town called Zeigalopolis north of Pittsburg last weekend and found VizslaLove!

Really swear to God, as soon as I got home I was possessed - online or on the phone every moment I could, talking to breeders, owners, owners owners, everywhere - New York, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Grand Rapids and one just south of here in Charlotte. They sent me SO MANY photos of their pride and joys- puppy pictures, at 3 mos, 4, 5, 6, 1year, 2 years, today, yesterday - one thing I found out for sure is EVERYONE I spoke with absolutely loved their Vizslas- but as you know, you have to be the right kind of person... ready for some action.

I can't believe it was just last weekend.Oh, Elaine, how can I ever repay you for the help you've given me on my (what seemed be long and) so very intense quest to find a V pup?

We are totally enamored, so absolutely in love with our pups! Yup, we got two�my husband is CRAZY- and so sweet with such a soft heart for dogs. They were born Feb 21st, so they were 9 weeks when we picked them up.We did all the tests you told us to - I had taken notes on everything you instructed me to do, as I sat in the car waiting for Emma that night on the phone. It was amazing how it really just weeded the pups out to one choice (with a very close second). I have to give you a call to tell you about it and how it all worked out, but we have been so busy with our infants, and housetraining that the past week or so has been a blur.

So the trip: I could have searched forever for the perfect V. I am a patient person. My husband: a man of action. He hadn't seen me for several weeks due to my new obsession and he wanted a V as badly as (and now I know even more than) I did. So we narrowed it down to 2 breeders, finally picked one, and we piled in the car and drove five and a half hours with two of our girls down to that Z-town I told you about somewhere in the hilly mountains north of Pittsburgh, right off of the very road that George Washington took to deliver a message to the French at the age of 21 in 1773. Oh wow. (I adore history).

Looking forward to having some Vizsla talk with you soon!

Christy

No comments: