Wednesday, May 02, 2007

That box of chocolates


Sorry I've been off the blog for so long. No excuse. I've just been off.

I've written before that KAP (kite aerial photography) is like Forest Gump's mother's box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

A couple of weeks ago, when I was KAPping Shacks Beach, I turned the camera away from the beach, inland. When I saw downloaded thumbnail of this image, I couldn't figure out what it was. I was hugely surprised when I enlarged it to find I'd taken a picture of our house.

No, not that big one in front. That's Beba Bravo's house. And that's Beba's newly mown hay field. See that white square in the very center of the picture, just above Beba's house? That's our house! And the little tiny white spot in the trees just down and a little to the right of our house is the roof of Ola Lola's Garden Bar. There is another house behind ours - the one with the red roof. For the moment, no one lives there. The dentist who owns it has been doing a lot of work on it. I've heard he plans to rent it. Personally, I like it empty.

At the very back of the picture is "the mountain," the cliff. That's the "mountain" we go up to get to the "coop" or Ramey Base or just about anywhere off the beach.

I've got a bunch more to write about. I should be around a lot more. Check back. And feel free to comment!

No comments: