Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What a week!

We’ve had huge winds and some pretty heavy rains (more than 2” in less than 24 hours) occasionally interrupted by sunshine.

Saturday we were without power most of the day and well into to the evening. I opened Lola’s as usual. The beer is all on ice anyway – we just use refrigerators to chill it before putting it ice to get it REALLY cold. The only thing I couldn’t do was make pina coladas. The recipe is pineapple, coco, rum, ice and BLENDER. But we had a really good night any way. It was a very comfortable atmosphere sitting and talking by flash light. (We couldn’t use candles ‘cause it was too windy.)

I switched on all the lights before I opened so I’d know if and when the power came back on. When it did, it was like a flash going off in your face. We all agreed we liked the dimmer atmosphere better so actually turned off some lights.

The ocean has been really rough and churned up. I still go swimming most days but there hasn't been a lot to see, at least not IN the water. I've done some KAP stuff (more about that in near-future post) and more kite surfing photos.

Speaking of photos, I haven’t posted a photo of the day for while. Between the power going off and itermittent internet connections, it’s been hard to get anything up. But that will change today. A new kitesurfing photo is up.

We’ve also joined Flickr. Rebuilding the website to include new pictures has proved much more daunting than I expected it to be – hence the fact there are no new photos on the web site yet. Flicker will let me post more new photos faster. You, dear readers (as Miss Manners would say) , can enjoy them at your leisure.

The URL is http://www.flickr.com/photos/ola-lolas/

The link will also be posted in the links section of the blog and on the web site.

I'm still getting photos uploaded and organized so check back once in a while.

Much much more to come soon.

No comments: