Monday, March 12, 2007

Today on Lola's Corner

This morning is overcast. Weather Underground says it's 75 but it already feels warmer than that. It's muggy and the air is very still.

I took the dogs for their morning run on the beach. The sky was shades of metal gray: soft stainless steel, hard-edged gun metal gray into gun-metal blue, dark heavy grays. Even the ocean had a metallic cast. The greens over the sand between the reefs was copper-patina seen in fading light. A quick flash of sunlight through a "blue hole" in the sky highlighted the wavetops but only served to emphasize the grays.

I've got a few new pictures so I'll get back to a Photo of the day later today. It's really been pretty quiet on Lola's Corner. Not enough breeze for the kite surfers, not enough surf for the board surfers, but enough to keep the surfers ever-hopeful and the water churned up enough to make snorkeling an exercise in exercise. Although...

Elaine's last day here - last Friday - she went out and renewed her acquaintance with the barracuda she'd been swimming with all week (I missed him, damn it. Still haven't seen the whales either.), saw an octopus and I forget what all else. Saturday afternoon, after she left, I cleaned her snorkeling gear and put it away. I cried as I did it because I know she won't be here to use it for a while.

1 comment:

kitty Winslow said...

We revisit our trip with the blog. Couldn't agree more no reason to leave the beach. Kitty Winslow