Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday, August 27, 2019


I've know for a long time there are two caves at the west end of Play Pastillo, one a big one you can walk into and smaller one a little further on you have to swim into .


Until this week, I've never seen either of them.

The sand shifts constantly on the beaches, sometimes filling in one place and leaving another bare and then shifting back again. Since Hurricane Maria, there has been no sand at the west end of the beach. Until this past week, the ocean, water and waves, came right up to these rocks, leaving no safe way around.


Now, almost literally overnight, there is sand, lots of it, a nice wide path to get to the big cave. With the ocean quiet and the waves down, you can walk right to the entrance of the small cave. (I had Coda with me this morning so we didn't go quite all the way.)

The whole area - the rocks, the caves, the pools between them is so cool. There is so much I want to photograph there. I just hope Dorian doesn't mess up access too much. 



No comments: