Monday, February 12, 2018

Maria log day 27 October, 18, 2017, Wednesday

Wednesday, October 18, Day 27

We are all starved for "vitamin sea" therapy. All of us, including the dogs. "Our" road to "our" beach is blocked by downed trees. I haven't had time yet to clear a path. Most of the stuff is way beyond my pay grade and equipment capabilities.

I realized the dogs haven't been to a beach in a month (!) so I started taking them for walks on different beaches. Yesterday it was Punta Borinquen,



today at BaƱo de la Princessa.
 

The transformation in Amber is simply amazing. He is like a different dog on the beach, The beach truly is his happy place.

We went snorkeling at Shacks again today. Still really crappy visibility and today we had a really ripping current. Still no chance to see what damage the hurricane did to the reef. We drifted down from "our" end of the beach to the "key hole" in front of Villa Tropical. A huge amount sand was moved, not only off the dune and the beach but under water as well. There is a lot more submarine rock exposed now.

I wrote earlier about my "hurricane beard," for the first time in - 13? 15? - years. I don't remember Anyway, for the first time in a really long time I have a full beard and, limited though it may be, hair on my head.


 Snorkeling with hair is weird! The water on my head was a very strange sensation. It doesn't seem like it would make that much difference, but it does.

No comments: