Monday, December 10, 2018

MARIA log December 10 Day 78 Sunday

Sunday, December 10, day 78

Marie's eyes are still bothering her so horse care has been all mine this week. That's okay. I'm enjoying the time with them. I'm not getting as much out of it as I should though. I feed them and hang with them but I don't do much to work with them. I really should do more. This is a perfect opportunity; I'm just not using it.

Today was a quiet day, I feel lethargic. Not lazy, \just not motivated to do anything. Not like there aren't a thousand things to do. The post-hurricane to-do list is huge. Plus there is the get Ola-Lola's-ready-to-sell-or-open list. Then there are my thoughts/plan/ideas for whatever they are worth.

I know I'm feeling isolated. Almost all of my "social networks" are down. Ola Lola's is closed. I don't hang out in other bars - can't afford to anyway. With no electricity and no Internet I have no email. Cell service remains spotty, iffy, at best and non-existent at home. I've been writing this journal for almost three months, intending to put it on our blog. Without no Internet I can't post it. Without electricity I can't use the computer to process the photos that go with the journal.

Pretty much all of my "normal" activities are shut down. There is no - or at least very little - snorkeling and/or diving. The ocean is rough, visibility is bad and bacteria counts are high. There is surf and there are surfers but again without access to computer and Internet, there is little point to going out to shoot. I can't even go for a beach ride; the horses are too fare from the beach.

Am I just feeling sorry for myself? Maybe. I really don't think so. I don't feel "oh, woe is me." I don't feel put upon or special. It's just a weight that wasn't there before. I feel depression creeping in at the edges. It's something I need to watch for, to be aware of.


No comments: