Thursday, December 20, 2018

MARIA log December 19 Day 87 Tuesday

Tuesday, December 19 day 87

Twelve year ago we landed in PR to start this amazing adventure.

Today we got an incredible piece of news. Our daughter Amy works for American Greetings. It is still family-owned and very much family oriented. They have a fundraising committee that looks for  community service projects.

Every year at Christmas they choose a family in the community and provide a little extra help during the holidays. We learned today the committee decided to donate $500 to the Go-Fund-Me Amy started for us in the wake of Hurricane Maria. She had no idea this was coming.

What an amazing incredible unexpected gift! True it helps us personally but it also gives us a little room to help others.

We - Marie and I - worked with the horses today. They are out of shape, both mentally and physically. So am I for that matter.

The Christmas disconnect continues. Carole told me today that she feels guilty. I asked her what about. She said because she has a tree - with lights - and so many others on the island don't. I said, "True. But you're sharing you tree. With me for example. I'm one of those who won't have a tree or lights this year. That tree is the only one I have. You're sharing it with a precocious four-year-old. And it makes Rolf smile. And it makes you smile. Those are all good things."

Today's weather? Glad you asked. Gusty winds, bits of clouds and sun, passing showers.

No comments: