Sunday, January 07, 2018

January 7, 2018, update

We still don't have electricity or Internet. However, I found I can use our old laptop, running really old photo editing software, running off an inverter from the truck battery, to process photos. Now that I have (fairly) consistent cell phone signal, I can use my phone as a Wi-fi (pronounced wee-fee here) hotspot and actually upload to the blog.

I have the first five posts nearly finished. I will upload them later today. I will try to upload at least one, more if possible, journal entry each day, as long as my cell phone data holds out.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what's actually happening here. We don't see much news but we're told that the news about Puerto Rico is all bad. It ain't so! I hope these posts give you a feel for what this experience has been like.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elaine. Dont you have electricity. Somebody told me that Villa M had power\y already. arent you guys in te same electric line>?

pegasus said...

No, we're on a completely different line than Villa Montana. Their electric comes from Aguadilla; ours comes through Jobos.