Thursday, January 18, 2018

Maria log day 10 October 1, 2017, Sunday


I did not stand in line all day for gas today. Late afternoon Elaine came home and told me the lines were short at the same gas station I waited in line 22 hours over two days to not get gas. We've been only driving the smelly gas-leaking car because the truck is out of gas. With the long lines and the limits on how much gas one could get it didn't make any sense to take it it out. I would get just enough gas to get back to the end of the line and start over. I decided to take a chance the line would still be short and headed out.

Oh, my! I was first in line on my side. There were no limits so I filled up the truck and filled a five-gallon can. Start to finish, 45 minutes.

We saw Marie and her husband Rafy this morning. There is a rumor of some sort of "civil unrest" up on the base Monday or Tuesday. Apparently the have-nots are getting upset by the "haves" - in this case the Coast Guard, military and police. They have access to things the rest of us don't, like line cuts at gas stations, unlimited bottled water, the PX has been "commandeered" for active duty military, etc. Here's hoping that all comes to naught.

We took a walk around our neighborhood today.

Bits of green buds are starting to appear.



 The road to the beach.

Our neighbor's house. It's hard to tell but most of the roof is gone. The inside of the house is destroyed. 

 It is interesting what stayed and what went. This glass-enclosed stairway is intact,

as are these rentals near the beach. One of them has glass railings. But another house a few feet away was leveled.


Eclipse Restaurant at Villa MontaƱa was heavily damaged.

No comments: