Tuesday, January 01, 2019

MARIA log January 1, 2018, Day 100 Monday

Monday, January 1, 2018 day 100

Today is Day 100 if you count from September 21, when the hurricane ended which is how I've been counting the days. If you count from September 20, when the hurricane started, today, 01/01 is day 101.

It was a pretty quiet New Year's  A few fireworks but not like some years. No TV, no ball dropping, no football, and that's okay.

Marie and I went to see Sprocket today. He really looks good. The plan for now is to leave him at Kiki's for "unmema." Translated, first in to Spanish, that is "un mes mas" then to English, "one more month." Sometime around the first of February we'll move him in with the other horses.

Most of my New Year's Day was spent working with Chocolate. We're working on "stay." Yes, I tell my hrse to stay.

It's only been 11 days since the solstice, but already the light feels different. No rain today, but that's not different.

We had a fun dinner at Carole's. Jeremy and Anna brought burgers. Anna made the biggest apple pie Ive ever seen. Oh, my! Homemade apple pie - and ice cream!




No comments: