Saturday, January 19, 2019

MARIA log January 19 Day 120 Friday

Friday, January 19 day `120

We spent most of today getting information together for the SBA loan application.

Elaine and I spent a long time talking about working with horses,my working with Chocolate in particular.

I am so confused! I get conflicting, sometimes opposing, advice from my mentors. Sometimes something works for a day or a session or two. Then Chocolate and I revert to this dance we do.

I have clear vision of what I want: I want him to circle me on a longe line. It is a basic teaching/training exercise. I believe I'm asking him clearly, indicating clearly what I'm asking him to do. He can do it! He knows.

And then it all falls apart. He gets stubborn and won't move or he backs away or spins around.

My confusion is obviously affecting and confusing him. I really want to find a way to work this out. I'm frustrated with myself for not knowing enough to work through this. And honestly, I'm frustrated with Elaine and Marie for conflicting advice.

No rain today.

NOW: Interesting that I'm copying this from my journal from a year ago. Today Elaine and I had another intense "training day" - for me, not for Chocolate. Just have to keep at it, to be more consistent.

No rain today either.

No comments: