Sunday, January 13, 2019

MARIA log January 12 day 111 Friday

Friday, January 12 day 111

A mixed bag of a day.

I fed horses then went to meeting with the mayor, our state senator, and an engineer from the electric authority, AEE.




Bottom line - it's like Ground Hog Day. They came out of their holes and said "six more weeks of darkness."

Our area has been assigned to the Army Corps of Engineers. The Corps in turn contracted with a company called Flower. Their plan of work is to restore power to a sizable neighborhood in the Isabela pueblo, then work out a road leading out of the town to an area called Coasta Brava. When that is done, they move on to repair a substation that serves us. From there they work outward from the substation, through several areas over six or seven miles, through Jobos, down the hill and finally to us.

I actually think six weeks is optimistic.

Now that we've been told what the plan is - as opposed to before when we had no information at all - several residents what to get militant, demand immediate action, call the mayor and the governor daily, exercise their (non-existent) political muscle.

You know, I think that ship has sailed. The time for that, if there was a time, was two months ago. Now there is a plan, we know what it is, and "they" are not going to change it because a few people in a sparsely populated area - even if it is a high tourist area - suddenly after four months demand it.

After that meeting, I had to pay the phone bill since they are no longer debiting the account. I had to find an Open Mobile store. There is one by Walmart. I wanted a few things there so I figured two stops with one trip.

Silly me! The Open Mobile store is no longer there. Walmart did not have any of the things I wanted. I had to drive to Aguadilla just pay the damn phone bill.

And now the truck is back in the shop. A thermostat I think.

No rain today.

No comments: