Tuesday, January 15, 2019

MARIA log January 15 Day 114 Monday

Monday, January 15 day 114

Put the finishing touches on cleaning the house before leaving for San Juan to pick up Elaine.

We are so grateful to Carole for letting us use her van to go to San Juan. It's SO much more comfortable than the truck.

It rained on the way to San Juan. Then I hit something in the road. I think it fell off the car in front of me. Whatever it was, it bust a tire but good. In the rain, on the side of the expressway, just before the exit to Bayamon, I changed a tire in the rain. I actually had to get out the owner's manual to find out where the tire part are stored. The spare tire is stored under the floor between the front seats and the second row seats. Yeah, I would have found it there eventually. But it's all good.

Picking up people at SJU is a cluster fuck. Too many vehicles, too many paranoid cops, not enough room. They took a ton of space out of use, I guess for "security" reasons. In the end I don't think it makes sense.

But Elaine is home! It wasn't the reunion I'd planned (because of the CF at the airport) but Sshe's home!

Carole had dinner waiting for us when we got home to return the van. Thank you, Carole!!!

No comments: