Wednesday, February 20, 2019

NOW February 20, 2019


There was mush ado about last night's full moon, the moon called "the Snow Moon" by some Native American cultures. It was also a "super" moon because the moon is closer than normal to the earth.

Every month I say I'm going to go photograph the full moon. Usually I don't. But last night I did. We went out and climbed our favorite viewing rock to watch the moon rise. We were afraid the clouds were going to cover it but the moon climbed out of the ocean and above the clouds at the horizon.

There is no color manipulation in this photo. Exposure and contrast, yes, but not color. this is just the way it looked. A friend of ours from Michigan saw this photo and said,"Just like Michigan only sun tanned."

It was windy - really windy - up on the rock. It was difficult to keep the camera steady even on a tripod. Over all, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

No comments: